Due to the cancellation of all group activities, in-person class instruction, and events at the University of Georgia for the remainder of spring semester, the Performing Arts Center’s spring season will be greatly impacted.
- All performances, rehearsals, and events at the Performing Arts Center are canceled through May 10 and possibly later, depending on how the situation evolves.
- All performances sponsored by the Hugh Hodgson School of Music, UGA Theatre, Dept. of Dance, and rental events during this period are canceled. Tickets will be automatically refunded if purchased with a credit card. Patrons who used cash or check to purchase tickets should contact the box office directly by calling (706) 542-4400 or emailing ugaarts @ uga.edu.
- The following UGA Presents performances have been canceled and will not be rescheduled:
- Ukulele Orchestra of Great Britain, March 19
- Chamber Music Society of Lincoln Center, March 29
- Scrap Arts Music: Children of Metropolis, April 14
- Philharmonix, April 19
- Brian Stokes Mitchell, April 24
- The following UGA Presents performances have been rescheduled:
- Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra with Wynton Marsalis, March 28 – Moved to Oct. 12, 2020
- Robert McDuffie and Robert Spano recital, April 11 – Moved to March 22, 2021
- The Kingdom Choir, April 28 – Moved to April 23, 2021
- Béla Fleck and Abigail Washburn, May 9 – Moved to Feb. 6, 2021
- The following UGA Presents performances hope to be rescheduled:
- The Second City, April 3-4 – New dates TBA
- Atlanta Symphony Orchestra, May 3 – Possible new date TBA
It pains us to turn off the lights in our venues for the next two months, but we know this will bring safety and peace to our community during this challenging and unprecedented time in our history. We appreciate your patience and understanding as we continue to work through the ramifications of these cancellations and changes.
If you have tickets to any of the canceled UGA Presents performances, you will be contacted via email or phone to discuss next steps. If you are in a position to do so, we invite you to donate funds used to pay for your tickets back to the Performing Arts Center as a tax exempt donation. Of course, anyone wishing to receive a full refund will receive it.
Because we are operating at a reduced capacity at the box office, it may take two to three weeks to finalize all donations, exchanges, and/or refunds. We expect wait times on the box office phones to be long and ask for your patience as we try to communicate with you.
We apologize for the inconvenience and disappointment of this news. We appreciate your patience and continued support and hope everyone stays safe and healthy.
View the letter from our director on March 14 here.